Private walking tour with photography instruction & heritage guide
Francisco will spend the morning with you photographing and exploring two exotic and engaging local Goan areas in Panjim, the busy and colourful Panjim Municipal Market and the historical Latin Quarters of Fontainhas.
This exclusive and in-depth tour is designed to teach practical travel photography and camera skills and show you the highlights of local Goan life from an insider’s perspective in places you might not venture to by yourself.
Much more than just a photography tour – this cultural tour of Goa provides a unique insight into Goan people and places. All of the sites we visit are engaging and interesting in their own right, so non-photographers are most welcome to book this walking tour and soak up the cultural experience.
In addition you don't need a fancy camera to join this walking tour; point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones can also capture amazing photographs if you know the tricks and learn the right approach.
This private tour runs every morning from 9am to 12noon at various stops in the Panjim area.
- 3 hours fully guided private walking tour with photography instruction
- In Fontainhas we will spend 1 hour with a local historian and guide
- Engage with local market vendors within a diverse and bustling market
- Learn techniques in respectfully photographing people
- Privileged access to people, places and moments you'd never otherwise see
- Step away with brilliant photos - this tour is custom-designed around maximising incredible opportunities for photography
- Private tour for personal attention with a professional photographer to guide and inspire you
- Immerse yourself in an authentic cultural experience
- Goan snacks and chai included
Francisco will spend the morning with you photographing and exploring two exotic and engaging local Goan areas in Panjim, North Goa.
This morning tour of Panjim begins 9am with a visit to Panjim's bustling fruit, vegetable and fish market, where you will have plentiful opportunities to practice your photography in the colourful and exotic bazaar. The market that we explore is an excellent example of a bustling South Indian marketplace, with the sights, sounds and smells of a busy fruit and vegetables bazaar, a seafood market, a spice bazaar, a flower market, a Goan bakery and many other merchants from around Goa and further afield.
After exploring the market and surrounding area we will zip across town in a rickshaw to explore the historical Latin Quarters of Fontainhas.
Nowhere in Goa is the Portuguese influence felt more openly than Latin quarters of Fontainhas, originally the residential quarters designed for the Portuguese Bureaucrats and their servants. This was one of the earliest settlements in Panjim city. The quarter has retained its heritage look with the small crowded lanes flanked by the typical bright Indo-Portuguese styled houses.
So you can fully appreciate the incredible history of the picturesque district you'll be photographing, we will be joined by a local historian for a one hour walk through Fontainhas. On the walk we will explore many of the Portuguese legacies of the area including Tobacco Square, Sao Tome Chapel & St. Sebastian Chapel and the famous Well.
At the end of your tour you will have the opportunity to sample traditional Goan snacks and a cup of chai at a popular Goan bakery, as we review your photography learnings of the morning.
The tour ends at 12noon in Fontainhas, Panjim.
What is included in the tour
- 3 hour private walking tour with photography instruction with Francisco de Souza
- 1 hour with a local historian and guide
- Rickshaw ride across Panjim
- Water, snack and chai
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport to/from the tour meeting point