Half day private walking tour of local market and fishing village
Join Francisco on a half-day photography tour of two exotic and engaging locations in North Goa. This exclusive and in-depth tour is designed to teach practical travel photography and camera skills and show you the highlights of local Goan life from an insider’s perspective in places you might not venture to by yourself.
The market and fishing village are interesting and engaging destinations in their own right, so non-photographers are welcome to book a walking tour and soak up the cultural experience.
In addition, don’t worry if you don’t have a professional camera, many guests learn to take amazing photos on their smartphones.
- 6 hours fully guided private walking tour with photography instruction
- Engage with local market vendors within a diverse and bustling market
- Photograph fishermen on the backwaters along the banks of a local fishing village
- Learn techniques in respectfully photographing people
- Privileged access to people, places and moments you'd never otherwise see
- Step away with brilliant photos - this tour is custom-designed around maximising incredible opportunities for photography
- Private tour allows for individual attention, with a professional photographer to guide and inspire you
- Immerse yourself in an authentic cultural experience
- Goan snacks and chai included
Bustling local Market
The tour begins by spending the morning photographing and exploring an exotic and engaging local Goan market in North Goa, around 10km from Calangute. The tour starts at 8am to take advantage of the best lighting for photography.
The market that you will explore is an excellent example of a bustling South Indian marketplace, with the sights, sounds and smells of the Subcontinent. The large market features a fruit and vegetables bazaar, a seafood and meat market, a spice bazaar, a flower market, a Goan bakery and dozens of silver, textile and jewellery merchants from around Goa and further afield
During your tour of the market you will have the opportunity to sample traditional Goan snacks and a cup of chai at a popular eatery which has been run by the same family for almost 100 years.
After around 3 hours exploring in the market you will then travel 20 minutes north through picturesque Goan countryside to one of North Goa’s most authentic fishing villages.
Quaint fishing village
This authentic coastal village provides a great insight into a traditional Goan fishing community. You will have first hand opportunities to observe and photograph fishermen trading fish from canoes and local fishmongers selling the morning’s catch at the traditional marketplace alongside the water.
Later on you will also enjoy a short walk around the small village surrounding the fishing market.
The tour ends with a debrief session in a charming family-run Goan bakery, where you can enjoy a chai alongside special samosas which are famous all over Goa.
The tour ends at around 2pm at the fishing village which is around 10km from Calangute.
What is included in the tour
- 6 hour private walking tour with photography instruction
- Water, snack and chai in the market
- Water, snacks and chai in the fishing village
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport is not included in the tour price - you will need to hire a taxi/rickshaw/scooter for half a day. Full details will be provided.